The Andrew Centre is run by the Endeavour Ministries for over 20 years and has assisted thousands of needy families with crisis assistance and counselling.
This is a voluntary non profit charitable organization which seeks to provide for those who are in need for whatever reason – the lonely, the depressed, the ill, and those in financial difficulty.
Endeavour Ministries has around 100 volunteers ranging from voluntary lawyers, dentists, teachers, counsellors, shop assistants, social workers, group leaders, cleaners, gardeners, ladies who knit warm blankets and baby clothes, cooks and waitresses, accountants, emergency accommodation caretakers and the management.
Endeavour Ministries comprises of:
- The Andrews Centre: The centre provides many services including crisis food, clothing, financial assistance, a food co-operative, community outings and events, legal and psychological counselling, support groups, no interest loans, and a community facility for other non profit groups.
- Endeavour Opportunity Shop: run by 65 volunteers.
- Endeavour Emergency Houses
- Monday and Thursday Meals: run by volunteer cooks who serve between 90 – 120 people each week.
- Andrews Centre / Gleneagles Community Garden
For more information, see the Andrews Centre Web Site
The Rotary Club has, over the years, carried out a range of upgrades at the Andrews Centre, including major kitchen refurbishment.
Recently the club was approached to assist with a project to supply and install planting beds to grow produce for use by the centre kitchens.
The local schools would look after the planting of produce to help with the project. Following are some pictures taken during the installation of the garden beds.